Long nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al6911

I'm not familiar with reptile nails in general, and Dovahh is my first and only beardie/ reptile with nails. I recently got him a week ago, and last night, I tried to cut his nails because they're very long. A few of them started to curl under his feet! I tried to cut them, but the quick (Misspelled, I know) goes all the way down! He doesn't seem to have an issue walking, he ran up his basking perch the other day. He is on tile and has rock-like 'stairs' up to his hammock. I know they will eventually wear themselves down, but is there anyway I can help him?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That's one of the benefits of using a tile substrate, it naturally will keep the nails filled down. What are you using in your tank?

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Maybe if you posted a picture of the nails though we could tell you how bad (or not) they are.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I agree with posting a picture. Show us the nail trimmers you are using too.

Also wanted to say my vet was able to provide a lesson with a vet tech to teach trimming technique and how to use quik stop if needed. Dragon's should still have a fair bit of nail since the quik is long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom