Long nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al6911

I'm not familiar with reptile nails in general, and Dovahh is my first and only beardie/ reptile with nails. I recently got him a week ago, and last night, I tried to cut his nails because they're very long. A few of them started to curl under his feet! I tried to cut them, but the quick (Misspelled, I know) goes all the way down! He doesn't seem to have an issue walking, he ran up his basking perch the other day. He is on tile and has rock-like 'stairs' up to his hammock. I know they will eventually wear themselves down, but is there anyway I can help him?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That's one of the benefits of using a tile substrate, it naturally will keep the nails filled down. What are you using in your tank?

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Maybe if you posted a picture of the nails though we could tell you how bad (or not) they are.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I agree with posting a picture. Show us the nail trimmers you are using too.

Also wanted to say my vet was able to provide a lesson with a vet tech to teach trimming technique and how to use quik stop if needed. Dragon's should still have a fair bit of nail since the quik is long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom