Constipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleesi

I am having a real problem with this, I think. Its not impaction — she always goes eventually, it just takes way longer than it should and she always seems bloated. She is roughly 6 months old. She is still hungry and eating fine, no lethargy, but I don’t want it to get to the point of impaction. Its been almost 5 days.

All of my temps are correct. Basking spot is 105, UVB is easily accessed with a tube inside the enclosure, and temps do not drop below 70 degrees. But she will not poop regularly.

My dragon hates to soak, but I do it anyone in hopes that it will help her. She eats a diet of BSFL once a day (with occassional hornworm for hydration) and spring greens available all day.

Do I need to alter her greens or insect intake? The vet hasn’t been super helpful on this front.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
kayleesi":2v2s805q said:
I am having a real problem with this, I think. Its not impaction — she always goes eventually, it just takes way longer than it should and she always seems bloated. She is roughly 6 months old. She is still hungry and eating fine, no lethargy, but I don’t want it to get to the point of impaction. Its been almost 5 days.

All of my temps are correct. Basking spot is 105, UVB is easily accessed with a tube inside the enclosure, and temps do not drop below 70 degrees. But she will not poop regularly.

My dragon hates to soak, but I do it anyone in hopes that it will help her. She eats a diet of BSFL once a day (with occassional hornworm for hydration) and spring greens available all day.

Do I need to alter her greens or insect intake? The vet hasn’t been super helpful on this front.
How far is the UVB? Its odd shes not pooping more -- at 6 months old she should be going every day--- what kind of substrate do you have in the tank ? her diet sounds good --- you can add some sweet potato to her diet that is supposed to keep them regular --- but I am guessing it might have something to do w/ the UVB --- basking temp is good -- are you taking that w/ a infrared heat gun or digital probe ?
Karrie

kayleesi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":9x323o80 said:
kayleesi":9x323o80 said:

How far is the UVB? Its odd shes not pooping more -- at 6 months old she should be going every day--- what kind of substrate do you have in the tank ? her diet sounds good --- you can add some sweet potato to her diet that is supposed to keep them regular --- but I am guessing it might have something to do w/ the UVB --- basking temp is good -- are you taking that w/ a infrared heat gun or digital probe ?
Karrie

6-8 inches depending on where she is. She's on non-adhesive shelf liner. I'm using infrared.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so its on top of screen or inside the tank? and is the cover off the bulb meaning its exposed -- good substrate so we can rule out impaction ----
Karrie

kayleesi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2quqntmi said:
ok so its on top of screen or inside the tank? and is the cover off the bulb meaning its exposed -- good substrate so we can rule out impaction ----
Karrie

In the tank, and its in a hood but it has a reflector on it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so 6-8 inches for a T 5 is too close --- you need to raise it to 12-15 inches --- you are over UVBing him--- so your good w/ the type and it has a reflector but inside the tank at 6-8 inches is for a T 8 bulb -please move it and then watch the poops and his behavior
Karrie

kayleesi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2405mt48 said:
Ok so 6-8 inches for a T 5 is too close --- you need to raise it to 12-15 inches --- you are over UVBing him--- so your good w/ the type and it has a reflector but inside the tank at 6-8 inches is for a T 8 bulb -please move it and then watch the poops and his behavior
Karrie

She's got a T8.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so I thought I read T 5----- so the distance is good for that -- okay so I would try getting her some dubia roaches although the BSFL are good but I would try mixing her diet up a little -- try some greens off this nutrition website http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html-- you can give her some sweet potato shredded raw--- its supposed to keep them regular --- your dragon has me stumped ----
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom