Calcium Deficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! My friend has a 4 year old fancy beardie. She hasn't been eating her veggies, and only seems to want superworms, if even that. I asked if she was giving her any calcium supplements, she said she used to, but stopped giving it to her. I have a suspicion that maybe the lack of calcium could be affecting her not eating? She also has a little bump about the size of a blueberry on her back behind her front right arm, however it doesn't seem to cause her any pain. Her setup is pretty much this:
T5 UVB light
50 gallon tank
150 watt heat bulb
clean under sink liner for substrate
cardboard box hide
and some pieces of wool fabric for hiding in

Any idea what could be wrong?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the distance for the T 5 and where in the tank is it -- on top of screen or inside the tank -- does her poop have a formed and moist consistency or is it runny? Does it have a smell that drives you from the room ? Is she hydrated? How does she get water? baths syringe? How are basking temps being take? infrared heat gun or stick ons or digital probe? Pics of the bump on the leg would be great -- please upload them https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and click on the pic
Karrie

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
102727-8835577773.jpg
A poo from a few minutes ago, super smelly and runny
102727-5533237108.jpg
Here is a picture of her
102727-3588230638.jpg
Here's her setup, uvb bulb is on top of the screen to the right
102727-5792808253.jpg
its hard to see the bump in the picture, but I circled it.

She has also been staying in her hide at times, during the day.

She gets a bath every month or so, and she has a water dish in her tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so what are her basking temps? and how are you taking them--- the poop doesnt look like it has any urate in it white------------maybe a smidge --- meaning she might be dehydrated --- does she drink from the water dish?? or does she drink from her bath--- also the smelly poop could be parasites --- what is her diet? If you suspect parasites and I am saying this by looking at the poop and the runny ness of it possible you would need to take a fecal in and have the vet test it for parasites - call your reptile vet and ask about having a fecal done and see if you can drop a sample off and have them test it -- and go from there --- but basking temps and the UVB play a huge role in their digestion - the UVB is approx how far from where she is sitting ? Since its on top of screen and I cant see the screen it is a fine screen mesh or a wide hole mesh? Reason I ask is because the screen blocks out around 30% of those rays -- and how long is the fixture ? Is it the whole tank length? The bump on the leg is hard for me to see it --- and some others on here would haft to look at it and give you their opinion of what it is
Her hiding in her hide alot is her slowing down for the winter -- they will do that but you need those parasites cleared up if she does have them - you dont want her going into brumation w/ them --- so that is why we need to get the lighting corrected if that is the issue as well --- proper lighting is going to keep the parasites at bay and their system will be able to keep them in check if its proper -- so what are the temps please
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom