Is this normal beardie poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonbucks

Does this poop look okay? He pushed really hard to get it out, I had to rub his belly and he even farted in the bath. There's pieces of cricket in it and it looks kind of slimey. He's been eating kale, butternut squash, sweet potato, dried crickets (gut loaded with calcium) a couple meal worms here and there.
106479-8101845141.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Since there is no white in it I am thinking hes dehydrated thus the hard time pooping- does he drink water from a water bowl - or how is he getting water- are you bathing him ? The undigested food tells me his basking temps are not high enough as well - dried crickets as if from a can? What are his basking temps and how are you taking them? infrared heat gun? stick ons? digital probe? What kind of UVB are you using ? coil or a tube Brand and bulb please
Karrie

Jonbucks

Original Poster
Thank-you for the reply Karrie!
There was some white in it, it just seperated in the water. I just got him Thursday October 24th from these people that had no idea what they were doing. When I seen him I thought he was dead but he had very little movement so I wanted to take him and try to help him. He's roughly 14in long.. but I can double check that tomorrow when he's awake. They had him in a tiny 20gal aquarium with just a heat light- will check the brand and update in the morning- I purchased a 40 gallon tank and a Reptisun 10.0 26watt florescent bulb for uvb, and the heat bulb they had seems to keep his tank warm.
Since I acquired him unexpectedly and between pay cheques, I wasn't exactly prepared to buy him everything he needs and I feel so bad but I definitely feel he is better off in my care rather than the people that clearly didn't care about his wellbeing (keeping him uncovered in his tank in a freezing car for at least 30 mins. Who knows how long...& Feeding him just lettuce!! Poor boy:()
I haven't witnessed him drink from his water bowl, but I make sure to put some water on his nose everyday until he laps up a few drops at least, and I also put some water on his greens that I have been hand feeding him. I bathe him in warm water every other day, and try to get him to drink then aswel. I did purchase the dried crickets in a container, but will be buying him some live ones on Friday.
I also have to buy a new thermometer, I will be purchasing a infrared temp gun. For now I have one digital thermometer that I have been switching from the warmer side of the tank to the cooler side, reads the same temps every time I move them and leave them there for a few hours.
Warm side-sits at about 91f
Basking spot- 105f
Cooler end- 88f
I turn his lights on at 9am off at 9pm.
At night the lowest his tank gets is 75f.
He usually sits right under his Baskin spot where it says 91.
I'm sorry if I missed anything. He's been very very lethargic but has been eating and moving more everyday since being here.
I spoke with a reptile rescue and they told me they think he is almost in a brumation state after being in the cold car.
His bones seem to be straight and he is strong when he wants to move. I worry about him every minute, and have been reading everything I can about bearded dragons .. which I don't think is helping lol it could either be brumation or something really bad :( I am going to find a herp vet near me and do a fecal test at the least asap.
He has had 3 bowel movements since being here and every one has had the white urate. I'm sorry this is so much lol but there is so many things about him that are worrying me!

Jonbucks

Original Poster
106479-2500976161.jpg

This is him on his brand new hammock ?
His beard looks very dark(to me at least), and I think he has stress marks.
I am praying this is from the new environment and that as he gets settled and gets the proper care he deserves he gets better. I barely have money after my bills are paid.. and I am dreading vet bills :(:( but I am willing to spend every extra penny on this handsome thing. He deserves a happy healthy life.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Bless your heart for taking him in -- everything your doing is going to benefit him from what he was in -- the 10.0 26watt florescent bulb for uvb is a coil? If its the one I am thinking I am gonna give you some info on that bulb--- I have not read anything negative about this one but the 13 watt that comes in most "kits" is BAD-- The 26w version of the UVB150 is similar in output to a T8 tube when using a reflector. The beam isn't as wide (depending on the length of the tube) but the output strength is very similar. If it was sitting about 6-8'' above the main basking area then it was likely providing adequate UVB. It's the lower wattage (13w) versions that cause concern since they aren't strong enough to provide adequate UVB at a safe distance. Most of us on here use and recommend the T 5 or T 8 TUBE not the coil--- anyone using the 13 watt coil have had horrible issues w/ the health of their dragons--- he is not in the best of health if all these people were feeding him was lettuce-- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html-- here is some websites for insects and treat feeders ---https://symtonbsf.com/ BSFL are a good staple feeder and do not need to be dusted ---www.dubiaroaches.com is good for dubias and other treat worms - they charge shipping tho- if you order enough it is worth it --- http://www.mulberryfarms.com/
He needs these staple feeders and make sure you are dusting those bugs w/ calcium D3 and vitamins-- how old is he? Beings hes not been fed properly my guess is he has MBD especially w/ no UVB for ever how long they had him -- dont take him to vet just yet ---- he needs to settle in w/ you and yes hes probably going thru relocation stress --- his beard is not that bad --- taking him to the vet now is going to stress him out more --- unless hes really needing a vet now --- the lettuce diet is going to give him runny poops so his digestion is going to haft to adjust to the good food your going to feed him -- with the proper temps of 95-105 for basking the UVB and the good diet he should bounce back --- you can call and get a vet on board but I would hold off for now ----
Karrie

Jonbucks

Original Poster
Thank-you so much Karrie!!
The people that I got him from said he was a year old.
I will definitely order him some good feeders!
It is the coil bulb. He seems to be doing better and better everyday. Your response helped my stress levels alot! Lol.
❣️❣️❣️
Bailey

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Just make sure the UVB is in a reflector dome and is approx 6-8 inches from basking -- keep us updated on his progress and if issues arise please ask for help
Karrie

Jonbucks

Original Poster
Today I bought him some crickets and hornworms.
I have never seen this handsome man more alert! He chased them around and ate at least 10 crickets, and 3 horn worms!
I can't wait til he's completely better ❣️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Horn worms are good but remember they are a hydrating worm so dont feed too many or it will give him runny stools
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom