Dinraal's tail is darker than his body; tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinraal has been shedding on various body parts for the last few weeks (currently he is shedding his back and legs) and I've noticed that his tail is darker than the rest of him. I've read up on tail rot, but it doesn't look or feel like it's rot. His tail is just a little bit darker than the rest of him:

full

Is it normal for dragons to have a different colored tail than the rest of the body? Or is this just a thing that juveniles go through, and eventually when he reaches his full size his tail will be the same color as the rest of him?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep, it's normal for their tails to darken like that. It is also common for them to shed their tail and have the color change a bit. As they get older, their sheds get even patchier so it could be part of the tail one day and maybe a toe or finger or part of the beard a few weeks later etc. The tail looks healthy to me based on the photo

Jay0818

My beardie's tail looks like that too :D it's just the coloration! Though sometimes, the shadows will catch some of the dark scales wrong and give me a scare, lol. I love the look of it a lot.

cNogNOC.jpg

This is my boys tail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom