Diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducky frequently has diarrhea. His diet consists of collard greens, some type of squash, one other vegetable that I happen to pick up for him that week, and a few bugs that also change by the week. I found that feeding him some type of dry pellet with his salad will fix the diarrhea, but I want to find a healthier alternative to this. Does anyone have any suggestions for a healthy dry food option?
Edit: This diarrhea/ watery stool has been happening his entire life (when I don’t feed him dry pellets) so I don’t believe it’s a health problem.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be a lighting issue- what type of lighting do you have in your tank UVB brand and bulb it is a coil or tube and what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? infrared heat gun stick ons or a digital probe?
Karrie

NikkiandDucky

Original Poster
I’m using a reptisun 10.0 tube that I replace every six months. His basking temp is roughly 100F and the hot side of his tank is roughly 85F and the cool side is roughly 77F. All temps are checked with an infrared gun.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And the placement of the UVB ? do you have a T 5 or a T8?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's the problem -- T 8's need to be approximately 6-8 inches from basking spot-- cover off bulb meaning bulb exposed+- he's not getting enough UVB--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Since it's been his whole life he might have some higher parasite counts that need to be addressed.
Have you ever gotten a fecal test done? I'd recommend it so we can see what we're working with here.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom