Tailrot????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

Is this tailrot? I thought it was just shedding but I noticed it was way darker than normal shes and it looks like tailrot. Before anyone asks yes my setup is perfect, I don’t mean to sound dumb but I’ve posted on here a ton and gave the details of my setup almost every time and got approval every time, and my uvb is still working fine I test it every day and the temps are correct. He’s been a really picky eater as well, I have school and have to be at the bus super early so I can’t wait for him to eat, so I’ve stopped feeding him in the mornings for consistency. I’ll put him in the cricket box and he’ll just stare at them, unless I hand feed him but that encourages that behavior so idk what to do, and he won’t touch veggies anymore. We just moved and can barely afford groceries so there’s no way I can afford a vet, what should I do? https://ibb.co/B61ghZ5
https://ibb.co/YfFjWSJ

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Your picture is not coming through but, what you are describing is normal coloration. Unless it is shriveled up on the end and turning black, it's ok.

Notta

Original Poster
Also he still reacts to me twisting the tip of his tail and scratching it, it didn’t start till like two weeks ago, and he’s shedding all over so idk

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, not seeing the pictures either. The link just takes you to a broken image.

But like mentioned, unless the tail was injured, or is obviously shriveling up and decaying, it wouldn't be tail rot most likely. Their tails can go dark for a multitude of reasons.

Here is one of my girls tails. Her tail darkens when she is alert and out exploring
full

She's perfectly fine... Well at least her tail is :lol:

-Brandon

Notta

Original Poster
Ok his tail looks healthy, just dark so I guess that’s it I hope, I’ll bathe him more frequently and pay attention

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, the tail is fine . :) There are a few beardie care sheets, youtube videos + blogs on the internet that show a dark tail as being tail rot. Misinformation like that gets people really worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom