Funny way of sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

The answer to this is a bit complicated... Can you post a picture?

The short answer is "probably not, no" as a lot of perfectly healthy, happy animals with good setups end up sleeping like this for whatever reason.

The long answer is maybe yes, a little? Sleeping like this often indicated that the tank is the wrong temperature or the animal lacks enrichment objects - ei a better place to lay down in sleep.

Guac slept like this for a few weeks when I first moved him into his larger tank. I added a split log on a whim and he never slept like that again, instead sleeping on or under the split log.

I personally would try offering a couple more hides or perches and checking your temperatures.

Hope that helps,
-Ellen

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ellentomologist":hfxqr62a said:
Hiya,

The answer to this is a bit complicated... Can you post a picture?

The short answer is "probably not, no" as a lot of perfectly healthy, happy animals with good setups end up sleeping like this for whatever reason.

The long answer is maybe yes, a little? Sleeping like this often indicated that the tank is the wrong temperature or the animal lacks enrichment objects - ei a better place to lay down in sleep.

Guac slept like this for a few weeks when I first moved him into his larger tank. I added a split log on a whim and he never slept like that again, instead sleeping on or under the split log.

I personally would try offering a couple more hides or perches and checking your temperatures.

Hope that helps,
-Ellen
I think he is perfectly fine because this is the first time.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
BeardedDragonSteve":31c5xu2g said:
So sometimes I turn on my beardies lights on and he is sleeping vertically should I be concerned.

Probably perfectly normal (for a beardie) :lol:

Here's my little dummkopf, and, yes, I found him asleep in the same position later that evening :roll:
100140-3877195167.jpg

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aaradimian":2tmlgzrq said:
BeardedDragonSteve":2tmlgzrq said:
So sometimes I turn on my beardies lights on and he is sleeping vertically should I be concerned.

Probably perfectly normal (for a beardie) :lol:

Here's my little dummkopf, and, yes, I found him asleep in the same position later that evening :roll:
100140-3877195167.jpg
Is that a custom vivarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom