Possible parasites???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Dumbledore has had runny stool for a little while... I have tried to tone down on any watery veggies, but it is still quite runny. The stool is solid, but there is lots of water around it. The other day I noticed that his urate looked quite pink. I had given him cabbage the day before and thought maybe that was it...? I stopped giving him cabbage and it looks much less pink now.
BUT... today i noticed dozens of little worm like things in the stool... they do not move and actually look more like little white seeds. Are they worms?
Does anybody know what's going on? I will probably just take him to the vet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of his poop ---- from what I understand you cant see parasites in the poop-- cabbage is not good its too rough --- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
give us a rundown on what your feeding him --- also what are you using for your UVB brand and bulb - tube or coil??? what are the basking temps and how are you taking them ? infrared heat gun digital probe or stick ons?
Karrie

DumbledoreTheBeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1kogyuna said:
Please post a pic of his poop ---- from what I understand you cant see parasites in the poop-- cabbage is not good its too rough --- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
give us a rundown on what your feeding him --- also what are you using for your UVB brand and bulb - tube or coil??? what are the basking temps and how are you taking them ? infrared heat gun digital probe or stick ons?
Karrie

I will post a picture as soon as he poops again. Yes, I can see what appears to be worms... I will take him to the vet ASAP, I just thought that somebody might know something about it.
Also cabbage is not a staple for him, it was just a treat. He eats arugula, bak choy, squash, green beans, bell peppers occasionally, carrots occasionally.
His UVB is a Reptisun 10.0 18", tube, not a coil!
His basking tempts are just under 100F and just under 80 on the cool side. He basks the majority of the time and vents when he's hot. He does not live in sand.
He is eating and acting normally. Thank you for taking the time to reply

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
And is the T 8 in the tank ? approx 6-8 inches from basking area? I guess I would get him in w/ a fecal sample in tow!! Make sure you get a office visit summary for your records
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Typically you wouldnt see parasites in the poo with the naked eye. But if you do they are most likely pinworms if they aren't related to diet.
Believe it or not but banana can cause worm looking poos.

It wouldnt hurt to get a fecal done.

What feeder insects are you giving him?
How often are you supplementing?

-Brandon

DumbledoreTheBeardie

Original Poster
claudiusx":1bdzhbfa said:
Typically you wouldnt see parasites in the poo with the naked eye. But if you do they are most likely pinworms if they aren't related to diet.
Believe it or not but banana can cause worm looking poos.

It wouldnt hurt to get a fecal done.

What feeder insects are you giving him?
How often are you supplementing?

-Brandon

Thanks for the help. Yes, it does seem weird. The worm things are not long like pinworms, so I'm not sure. He eats crickets daily with the occasional superworm. The crickets are gut loaded and are always lightly dusted.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are the crickets gutloaded with? Those orange cubes?
They typically cause off colored urates if that's the case.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom