Drinking from poopy water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxik

Hi guys!
Im considering getting a beardie, and have thought of a situation when bathing them
What if they poop or pee in the pool, then drink the water?
Would it be toxic to them?
Also, if you guys wouldnt mind, could you please share your bathing routine with me? id love to get a basis on what to do, and how to control their pooping so they dont poo in the water :D
Thanks guys!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If they decide to poop in the water please get them out - you dont want them to drink from it --- lot of people bath their beardies in the bath tub- I bath mine in the kitchen sink -- I keep an eye on the poop to make sure it has urate in it - for the most part I give him a bath about every 10 days or so -- its good that they poop in the water for me as I wash it down the drain and then clean the sink out w/ comet and bleach after -- its totally on your preference as to where you want to bath them-- if you wash their vegies before serving them and they are moist they will get hydration there and you can drop water on their noses to see if they will drink and some will drink out of a water dish --
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't be bathing any pet reptile in the family bathtub, or the kitchen or bathroom sink.

Would you drink from or bath in the toilet or a contaminated pond ?

If you insist on bathing your dragon (which not necessary unless it's soiled itself, is impacted, is too hot, or you need to bath a wound) use a tub (for a small dragon) and flat bottomed laundry tub or baby bath), and it's not necessary to keep a water dish in a bearded dragon's tank either ( few bearded dragons actually drink from a water dish or recognize standing water as something other than a latrine or somewhere to sit to cool off or help ease the itchies when in shed).

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree , I don't like using my bath tub + sink. If you have a cellar, that sink would be fine. But you can just get a small plastic container that the dragon fits in just for the purpose of bathing in warm water. Once a week is fine but if the dragon hates it you can just soak them when they're dirty. Many dragons will drink from a spray bottle or a syringe. These vids show dragons drinking [ baby + adult ] from a spray bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faT4zqepQoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN3tSmkZisM

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use a turkey roasting pan as a bath tub. They are the right size, are portable, and very easy to clean and sanitize. If my dragon poops in the bath I just dump the water, do a quick clean and re-fill it as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom