Possible tail rot starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOPSY

I’m not sure if it is it’s just the very tip of her tail noticed it today while i was bathing her. If i gently grab it with my fingers she doesn’t do much she might move to see what i’m doing if i press just a little she pulls her tail away. Now i know nobody would like having the tip of their tail squeezed so idk what to think. She also hasn’t shed since may/june so I don’t think it has anything to do with that.
106079-3818937102.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Looks like the very start of some shed. It's not tail rot though :)

-Brandon

OOPSY

Original Poster
I hope so been awhile she just turned 1 it’s just not how i’ve seen it start for her before.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

They can definitely start in weird ways sometimes, and it seems to be different every time. I wouldnt worry about it but if things dont progress you can always reach back out :)
But I'm about 100% sure it's just shed :D

-Brandon

OOPSY

Original Poster
Definitely think you’re correct i gave it a few days now the rest of her tail is starting to look faded kind of. Pretty sure she’s coming out of her brumation she’s started eating like crazy again, so she must finally be getting ready to start growing again.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Coming out of brumation?????????? She if anything would be starting it -- brumation is like hibernation for other animals--- awake in the spring and summer and sleep in the cooler colder months-- there is a Article on Brumation under Articles Behavior and Anatomy right side of page -- Bearded Dragon Brumation
Karrie

OOPSY

Original Poster
Some beardies will do it in the summer i live in canada summer here is winter in Australia. Besides that i’m pretty sure it was my A/C that did it. Trust me i freaked out about it for awhile and i found some information about it and i know a girl who works at the pet store in my town who says her beardie usually does it in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom