Depressed Beardie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonj

So my beardie has been staying in his cave for the entire day and only coming out in the morning to eat. I’m concerned about him because he would always be on his long basking and walking around. I don’t think he is sick but can he be depressed? I don’t know what he would be depressed about though. Any thoughts?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It's unlikely he's depressed.
What makes you think he isn't sick?

Can you go over some details with us so we can get a better picture?

How old is your dragon?
Can you describe your setup to us in detail?
Pictures would help too.

-Brandon

dragonj

Original Poster
He is 2 years old. He lives in a 36x24x24 enclosure with reptile carpet and two hides. One under his backing lamp he also uses to bask in and the other in the corner. He always hides in the corner one. He eats collard greens and dandelions in the morning and the occasional Dubai roaches. His temperature in his tank is around 95 degrees Fahrenheit. He is pooping regularly which is every day to every other day. When I do take him out of his enclosure he runs around then finds himself a place to sleep on the floor. I don’t thinks he’s sick because he is eating and pooping normally.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like hes going into brumation stage and yes that is a sign of that - he is still eating and pooping that is good --- I dont think I would be too worried about him unless he starts loosing weight--- I would getr a weight on him now before he decides to go into brumation so you know - a kitchen food scale usually works
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom