Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Donny is a year and 4 months old and the last month or so has really slowed down on any food offered. He’s never been great with veg or salad but eats a little every now and again, but used to gobble up roaches no problem. He’ll now eat 2 adult ones max every 2-3 days. Doesn’t seem to be dropping a lot of weight but I haven’t been keeping tabs on what he actually weighs.

Because of this he hasn’t been pooping often, and only when I bath him which isn’t too much of an issue. I bath him once a week and then once a day until he goes, I’m going to try again tomorrow and then it will be the 11th day since he last went.

His heat bulb went a couple of weeks ago and I replaced it with the same but by a different brand which I’m thinking may be a problem - I used to use Exo Terra daylight basking bulb 100w, I’m now using the same but Komodo. Basking temps 35-40, cool areas 25-28.

He has a 10% and a 2% uv tube light covering nearly both sides of the viv too.

lgracethompson94

Original Poster
Also he had parasites when he was about 6-7 months old, his appetite dropped considerably but he hid and slept all day, whereas at the moment he lazes around but head is still up and alert.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of UVB --- ?????? And where in the tank is it on top of screen inside tank???????????
Karrie

lgracethompson94

Original Poster
I’ve got a 22” exo Terra repti glo light 10% uvb, and a 22” natural light 2% bulb, both in a bracket in the hood of the viv so no screen underneath them

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia----- I think I would be getting rid of the Reptiglo!! If replacing the UVB please dont get one that spans the whole tank ---- only 2/3 at most -- they need to be able to get out from the UVB if they want to -- I would be be getting a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 at his basking spot
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom