Adolescent issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narancia

Hi everyone, I'm posting in here again because it seems to be the fastest and most informative place for questions. So my young female Ada recovered (finally) from her parasite infection and started eating and gaining weight really well, she went off her food for a massive shed which I wasn't concerned about. But then she never gained her appetite back after the shed finished, and she's really energetic. She will glass surf all day every day.
I took her to the vet and they did a thorough check and an xray all of which came back normal. She's not lost too much weight yet (somehow) so I'm wondering if it's just an awkward teenage phase? She's 8/9 months old now with no physical problems. But she won't eat and is glass surfing all day. Some people have said their dragons become agitated or even aggressive at this age, thankfully Ada isn't aggressive but just won't eat and is very fidgety. Temps and environment are normal and fine. Any ideas?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

What medication was she given? And how long has it been since the final dose?

Shedding does occassionally cause odd appetites but it usually comes back after they are finished.
Has nothing else in her environment or the room changed?

They do tend to get a bit hormonal it seems at that age. And just like us, they can go through moods and phases too. I'd be inclined to just keep an eye on her and her weight, and keep offering her food.

Shes pretty young but it's possible that she has some eggs she wants to lay. It wouldnt hurt to give her a dig box just in case. But I'd be surprised to be quite honest.
Just giving you some options :)

-Brandon

Narancia

Original Poster
claudiusx":1sb3f102 said:
Hi there,

What medication was she given? And how long has it been since the final dose?

Shedding does occassionally cause odd appetites but it usually comes back after they are finished.
Has nothing else in her environment or the room changed?

They do tend to get a bit hormonal it seems at that age. And just like us, they can go through moods and phases too. I'd be inclined to just keep an eye on her and her weight, and keep offering her food.

Shes pretty young but it's possible that she has some eggs she wants to lay. It wouldnt hurt to give her a dig box just in case. But I'd be surprised to be quite honest.
Just giving you some options :)

-Brandon

Hi there, it's been 2 or maybe 3 months since her last dose, I can't remember off the top of my head what medication was but afterwards she gained her appetite back (big time) and showed no more symptoms of parasites. Nothing else in her environment has been changed. The vet did xray her to double check she didn't have eggs but she's all clear, nothing wrong internally and her bone density is fine etc, as far as the vet could see she is perfectly healthy. He was pretty stumped! I might try wax worms since they're her favourite, she does eat occasionally but then almost instantly changes her mind and runs around.
I'll monitor her and see if I can find anything to tempt her. So much for switching over to salads! Thanks.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Narancia":3ajaw6ji said:
it's been 2 or maybe 3 months since her last dose, I can't remember off the top of my head what medication was but afterwards she gained her appetite back (big time) and showed no more symptoms of parasites.
Re-infestation is possible, even after cleansing the environment (worm eggs are often microscopic), but a recent fecal test should have shown that.

The vet did xray her to double check she didn't have eggs but she's all clear
Sorry I'm a little unclear; how long ago was the x-ray for eggs?

If I might suggest... Start a journal tracking things like length, weight, what she'll eat or won't, irregularities in feces or behavior, vet visits & testing, meds--name, dosing, and duration, any changes in environment, etc.... Basically anything & everything related to her physical health and behaviors. This will help greatly with remembering details accurately, timelines, and helping the vet with DX.

Narancia

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":kf53mfeo said:
Narancia":kf53mfeo said:
it's been 2 or maybe 3 months since her last dose, I can't remember off the top of my head what medication was but afterwards she gained her appetite back (big time) and showed no more symptoms of parasites.
Re-infestation is possible, even after cleansing the environment (worm eggs are often microscopic), but a recent fecal test should have shown that.

The vet did xray her to double check she didn't have eggs but she's all clear
Sorry I'm a little unclear; how long ago was the x-ray for eggs?

If I might suggest... Start a journal tracking things like length, weight, what she'll eat or won't, irregularities in feces or behavior, vet visits & testing, meds--name, dosing, and duration, any changes in environment, etc.... Basically anything & everything related to her physical health and behaviors. This will help greatly with remembering details accurately, timelines, and helping the vet with DX.

Her x-ray was last Thursday. When I take her out and let her run around the house she seems fine, but the journal is a good idea. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom