I dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is Kadia this morning --- she was so weak and lethargic I was thinking she was dead--- her color is horrible- I have been feeding her 3 times / day she is pooping but I am thinking shes dehydrated --- so I put extra water in the c/ care again and its easier for her to poop but it looks like almost all food w/ a little white urate in it --- so this morning I gave her a bath and extra water in a syringe I am thinking around a .5ml or so after I fed her --- I weighed her the other day she was at 43 at vet and 47 now this morning she was at 45 grams---- I changed out the basking bulb this morning as well --- I have been dinking around w/ the one that she had and finally got it somewhat to where it needed to be - she keeps moving out from under it if its 100 or more so the bulb looked so dim and took so long for it to heat up this morning of course it was colder here w/ it being cloudy and not warming up much so I went to a 75 watt - it is now around 98 and she has backed off of it again and is at the end of the shelf sleeping - I didnt realize the bulb in there was only a 50 watt --- so I am wondering how much water should I give her separately from the food --- .5ml or 1 ml ?????????????????? I am wondering if she is too far gone to save now ------------ I really dont know --- I am so sad looking at her and thinking how someone could be so cruel to let her get into this kind of shape---- I dont know if there is other things I should be doing for her giving to her or what ???
97951-3212855472.jpg
97951-9276512512.jpg
I had the temp in the tank over nite around 75 I am thinking it needs to be warmer she was sitting right under it this morning on the carpet the other nite it was around 80 and she slept in the corner of the tank away from it --- I am lowering the dome closer tonite to get it back to 80- w/ the temps outside dropping it makes the house cooler even tho she is in a warmer room of the house - this morning I turned the little elect heater I have on in the room to warm the room quicker -- if anyone has any thoughts advice as to help her more please tell me
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It is too late ----Kadia passed this morning around 11 30- I guess she couldnt hold on any longer --- I am so heart broken and angry at the same time at the person who did not care for her properly-- :( :( :(
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, that was uncharacteristically fast. So sorry to hear it. We all know you made a herculean effort.

Best Wishes

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I'm sorry Karrie. We all know you tried your best. Sometimes they are just too far gone to save. She looked dreadful in those last pictures. It truly would have been a miracle if she were to survive.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I am devastated---- I could not do more for her --- It has been a very heartbreaking day for me --- I am just so angry and upset at the person that did this to her ---- she did not deserve what she got -- I just hope she knew when she was here the last 2 weeks of her life that we did all we could for her and tried so hard to bring her back ---------------------- :( I put her in a little box wrapped in a white wash cloth and my husband buried her in the back yard around noon today -- I am hoping she felt some love from us because the person that did this to her surely did not!
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw that's so sad Karrie. :( It's so obvious that you really loved the little creature and tried so hard to save her. She was too far gone when you got her and nothing could reverse the organ failure due to that level of chronic starvation + dehydration. You were her hero in the end, she surely sensed the tender care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom