Should I worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

KVG

I am Dragon Sitting my daughter's Bearded Dragon while she is away for a couple of months. I relax in the hammock with him and he gets a lot of real sun in addition to his UV light. He went into brumation 15 Aug and woke up approx 1 week ago. I am concerned because he hasn't pooped yet.

He had a feed of woodies and had a poop before he brumated but hasn't pooped since. I have been bathing him every day and letting him run around but no poo has eventuated. I don't think he is impacted because he is eating, active, still loving his cuddles and is alert.

He is known for not going for a couple of weeks at a time but should I be worried?

We are in northern Queensland Australia and it has been 33 deg Celcius and dry during the day and down to 14 at night. His tank doesn't go below 20 deg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I'm not a veterinarian, but as long as he's acting normally and not exhibiting signs of stress, I don't think there's cause for worry. But do be prepared for when the dam bursts! :shock:

Out of curiosity, are we talking about a Pogona vitticeps (Central/Inland Bearded Dragon), Pogona henrylawsoni (Rankin's Dragon, native to Queensland), Pogona barbata (Eastern Bearded Dragon), or one of the other varieties? (We don't get to see/hear about any except Pogona vitticeps where I live.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom