Kai ate a mystery wild bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
This morning when I was feeding kai his dubai’s some small black bug crawled out of his hide and he immediately ate it. I feed his Dubai’s in a bowel and to my knowledge none of them escaped. It is possible, but this bug was way smaller than the Dubai’s I have, was black not brown, and it was a lot crunchier than the Dubai’s. I didn’t get a good look at it, I saw it for a split second before it was eaten. It maybe looked like either a fly, spider, or some type of beetle. My question is what should I watch out for? I know wild bugs can carry parasites and/or be toxic, although I really don’t think it was a lightning bug it was very small.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi There,

What other types of bugs do you have in your house or have you fed in the past? A black beetle could be a mealworm or superworm that escaped and pupated.

How long has it been since Kai ate it? Typically you'd start to see issues pretty soon if something was wrong. But i'm sure everything will be just fine! :)
Things to look out for would be black bearding, lethargy, and/or just sickly behaviour.

If you have any concerns about anything, just describe it here and we will let you know if it's something to worry about :)

-Brandon

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He ate it this morning at about 8 am, it’s now almost 1 and He seems to be doing fine, he just ate lunch. He’s only ever been fed Dubai’s and crickets. We do have super worms in the house but kai has never had them as they are for our leopard gecko, so they’ve never been in his tank. Who knows that it was lol. I don’t think it was toxic but now just worried about parasites so I’ll keep an eye on his poo’s. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom