My Baby Beardie is digging, why is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 6 month old, female bearded dragon and she started digging in the corner of her tank so I added a box full of coconut coil (that I use for my Blue Tongue Skink). And she's digging in that. Why is she doing this?

105505-3722458421.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They do tend to love digging but some dig more than others do. Since she seems to enjoy
the digging, there is no reason why you can't let her dig as long as she doesn't ingest it at all.
Does she try to dig to go to sleep, or, is she just playing?
At 6 months of age, she shoiuldn't be developing any eggs I hope. Though, they have been
known to develop eggs at 6 months or so.

Tracie

Iceywolfie

Original Poster
Hi Drache613. She is just playing I think. I did read that it could be too hot in her enclosure, so I decided to spray her (with water obviously) a little bit and she stopped. She went on her hammock and just hung out there. I did put that box full of coconut coil just in case she has developed any eggs.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Iceywolfie":2w0qx9f6 said:
Hi Drache613. She is just playing I think. I did read that it could be too hot in her enclosure, so I decided to spray her (with water obviously) a little bit and she stopped. She went on her hammock and just hung out there. I did put that box full of coconut coil just in case she has developed any eggs.

Temperatures in the tank and how are they measured ?
Key temperatures
basking spot
warm zone
cool zone.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The temp you gave is for ?????? Is that the basking??? the cool side ???????????? Temps for basking should be 105-110 for a baby and 95-105 for adult --- how are you taking temps????? infrared heat gun ? stick ons? or digital probe?? These temps in the tank are very important to the health of your dragon---- along w/ the UVB
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom