THIS IS URGENT SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
I just got back from a 32 day vacation where Finley was being taken care of my my mom. He’s grown a lot in those thirty days but I’ve come back and he is not acting himself. He’s not moving around as much and isn’t being very alert. He’s been laying on the ground not lifting his head and he’s occasionally closing his eyes like he’s sleeping but it’s the middle of the day. He’s even blackbearding sometimes. I’m
So worried about him please help. He didn’t want to eat much today, but I got him to eat a few meal worms (he doesn’t get them every day he just really likes them so it was a last resort to get him to eat something) and he ate half a blue berry. I’m afraid he’s sick or ate something bad

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What all did your mom feed him?
Were his lights on a timer?

Do you know when the last time he poo'd was?

-Brandon

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My moms not here right now so I can’t ask her what she fed him but there was actually one other person who fed him in between when my mom fed him last and when I got home. My mom has to meet me and my family at the airport to bring us home so her friend fed him Yesterday. I got back at around 8:30 last night. Finley was acting fine last night from what I could tell but his light wasn’t in for that much longer so it would be hard to tell if he was acting odd or not. His light is on a timer. It comes on at about 6:30 in the morning at turns off at 8:35 at night. I’m not entirely sure the last time he went to the bathroom was but my mom sent me a video of him while I was still a way a few days ago and there was a fresh poop in the background I could tell that it was pretty watery and I asked her about it and she said it was just because he ate too much fruit but now I’m not so sure that’s why

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he also seems a bit scared of me. Do you think maybe he’s just stressed from having us all come home (five people just came back) but I’ve seen him stressed before and this seems like he’s probably sick or something

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Someone please help me. He isn’t getting any better. I tried to feed him some crickets and one just walked all over him and he did nothing. He normally chases after every cricket he sees. I also tried to give him a bath just to see if it would help and he hates baths so normally he tries to get out of the bath and he just sat there and didn’t move

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Someone please help me, I don’t know what’s wrong with my baby. I can’t take him to the vet because my parents are both gone right now and I can’t drive and we don’t have any reptile vets around here so I don’t even know if any of the vets would take him

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He’s just gotten worse as the day has progressed. He was mostly fine this morning but then he wouldn’t eat anything when I went to feed him and now he’s doing terrible. I’m so worried

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm really sorry that you two are going through this honestly though we cant really help you if we dont have details either. Can you not call your mom and ask some questions. We need to know things that might have happened in order to give you advice. Otherwise it's all just shots in the dark.

Did your mom ever take him outside?
How long has he been acting this way?
Did he get ahold of something he shouldn't have?
When did he last poo?
Did he hurt himself?

We need some form of information to go off of

-Brandon

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My mom has not taken him outside. Like I said previously he was acting fine this morning but as the day progressed it got worse and I wasn’t home until late last night so I don’t know if he was like this yesterday and my mom wasn’t home either because she needed to meet us at the airport so her friend fed him and then left the house. I’he hasn’t gotten into anything he shouldn’t have while I have been here and my mom is not sure if he has but she didn’t take him out of the tank very often while I was gone. According to my mom he last pooped two days ago. He isn’t injured in any way that I can see. He is acting more alert now after he took a short nap but he is still not himself. I’m sorry that all the details are scattered through my frantic and sorta long posts so it might take a while to get them all but I’m just so worried about him and I don’t know what to do

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Hi, I'm new here, but retired, so I have a lot of time for reading, viewing, & research.

1. There is no substitute for a good reptile veterinarian; no one here is that. That said,
2. Your opening remark was about how much he's grown while you were gone. Think about that. It means he's been eating (and probably defecating) well. Those are GOOD things. :)
3. From MANY recent conversations with a former exotics veterinarian (personal friend), unless there is an injury or poisoning (unlikely) BDs generally take a LONG time to crash. PLEASE calm down; panicking isn't going to help your dragon or you.
4. No one, veterinarian or experienced keeper, can help much without information to go on. Make a list of the questions people have asked here, and when your mom gets home, calmly have a conversation to try to get some answers.
5. Since no one else has asked yet, how old is your UV-B bulb (how long since it's been changed), and what kind/strength is it?
6. Tomorrow (or when you can) use google to find a good reptile vet you can get your BD to if necessary.
7. Help your pet and yourself. Spend some time searching the archives; there's a lot of good information there for the perusing. Anything you learn can & will help your husbandry knowledge & skills in the future, and you may get some hints/ideas what may be wrong--if anything IS wrong.

Best Wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom