Baby beardie- poop or vomit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinityv

So my baby beardie (2.5 months old) did this today. I don’t know if she pooped or regurgitated bc I didn’t see it happen... but it’s basically just a mass of undigested dubias with a brownish coating! (Pic below) I’m very concerned bc she’s been pooping normally so idk why this happened. She was eating like an insect vacuum up until last week when I went back to school. The stress from the change in my routine seems to be getting to her as she’s definitely not eating as eagerly as she was before and is eating less at once too. Because of this her weight has also stayed the same in the past week :( Does anyone know what might cause the undigested bugs and what I can do to keep it from happening again?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very pretty dragon. :) That looks like vomit. Has anything at all changed as far as lighting + temps. ? Was she fed too late or were the dubia a larger size than she's used to ?

Trinityv

Original Poster
AHBD":3gwj7x1w said:
Very pretty dragon. :) That looks like vomit. Has anything at all changed as far as lighting + temps. ? Was she fed too late or were the dubia a larger size than she's used to ?

Her lighting and temps have been the same as usual. 83ish on the cool side and 97 ambient with a 105 basking site on the warm. Lights are a 160 watt mvb and a reptisun T5HO 10.0 tube. I found the regurgitated food around 7:30 pm and she had eaten hours before that. The dubias were the usual small size she’s been eating since I got her. Is it possible that it’s just stress making her regurgitate? I’m very worried since there’s no other apparent cause :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lighting sounds fine. Those shells look somewhat digested. It could just be a dry poop. Either way I'd offer some water and just keep a close eye on things for the next few days.

Trinityv

Original Poster
CooperDragon":kv77d55l said:
Lighting sounds fine. Those shells look somewhat digested. It could just be a dry poop. Either way I'd offer some water and just keep a close eye on things for the next few days.

She’s had some water and hasn’t done it since... I had a vet appt for next Monday anyway so hopefully they’ll notice if anything’s wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom