Is This Normal Shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I have been watching this bearded dragon for a few months for a friend. Initially when we got him, he had a few issues with his tank set up. The enclosure was too small, wasn’t hot enough (84°F in basking area read with an infrared thermometer gun), he had incorrect lighting, and he had diarrhea with loss of appetite.
We bought a 40 gallon breeder for him, correct lighting (including a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube and a basking bulb), and started him on a diet of greens (mustard, dandelion, collard) as well as mealworms, hornworms, and dubia roaches.
He isn’t my bearded dragon, otherwise I would have him in a bigger enclosure, but I bought what I could because I knew he was unhappy in the enclosure he was in.

Today I noticed that his foot looks a bit dull. I’m not sure if this is normal shedding or if he is having trouble shedding.

Does it look like I need to soak him in the bath?
What is your opinion on shedding aids such as Zilla Bath Shed-Ease or Med Repti Shedding Aid?
105287-9639293313.jpg
105287-5601691250.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks like the start of shed to me :)

Good for you for taking it upon yourself to fix his husbandry. What has your friend said about all of this?

-Brandon

jessdavishi

Original Poster
I told her about all of the issues with her tank set up and she basically said that she was aware it wasn’t where it needed to be but she was trying her best :/
It’s definitely a sad situation, he seems to be much happier now. I’m glad that it’s a normal shed!
I have a two chameleons, a uromastyx, and two pacman frogs so I wasn’t familiar with a bearded dragon shed. Thank you!

claudiusx":1tyx1uku said:
Looks like the start of shed to me :)

Good for you for taking it upon yourself to fix his husbandry. What has your friend said about all of this?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom