unhealthy poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

Over the last 3 days my bearded dragons poop has been off. Theres a lot of liquid that comes out with it, no solid urate, almost looks like the urate is stretched over the poop, it stinks and it doesnt look right in shape either. Its kinda coiled up and kinda holds its shape. Is there something wrong with him or is this normal. Some stuff that you should know is that I just switched him from mealworms to discoids since I went a month without being able to afford them. I fed him some dead frozen super worms like a week ago (learned the hard way not to refrigerate them) and he eats collards, carrots, and apples in his salad. He gets rep cal d3 / rep cal multi vit that I mix with every meal and he has a 10.0 reptisun uvb tube thing (the one everyone recommends for beardies) his basking spot ranges from 120 at the highest to 100 at the lowest spot, the cool end of his tank is 87. He gets daily baths in the sink (I make sure to wash toothpaste and stuff down the drain before hand). He started a full body shed around 2 weeks ago and so far only his arms, legs, and tip of his nose have been shed off.

Is this because of a diet switch, or could it be too much multi vit, Im really hoping its nothing bad and that beardie poop is just nasty sometimes. Were renting while still paying for a house up north until it sells and we just got back from a family gathering so a vet bill would be very bad right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Could be a combination of all --- how are you taking the basking temps and the cool side of the tank -- if its accurate temps for cool side of tank is too hot------ it should be 80- or so and not below 65 at nite- temps should be taken w/ a infrared heat gun and or a digital probe thermometer--- the highest point for basking 120 is too hot -- temps for adult dragon should be 95-105 --- I would get a accurate temp in the tanks basking and cool side no stick ons they are totally inaccurate and get those temps adjusted--- where does he usually sit when basking? and your UVB where do you have it -- is it a T 8 or a T 5--- ? the T 8 should be in tank and the T 5 can be on top of screen as long as the screen is wide hole --- both w/ the covers off the bulb for best UVB rays--
Karrie

Notta

Original Poster
T5, he's 6 months old, he stays in the middle (109-111) I use a beat gun, night temps are 78 degrees

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
and the T 5 is where? how many inches from basking ? should be 10-12 or so---- the nite time I would try to get down to around 70 or so --- 78 is a little high for nite time --- so hes sitting in the 109 or so area -- I would see if the poop doesnt change if you can get the temps adjusted a little --- but I am sure its his diet too --- the extra liquid is the extra water so he is hydrated--- but I am sure its what hes eaten as well -- just keep an eye on it the next week and see if it doesnt change -- some others on here might have some ideas as well
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably just from the diet change. The carrots and apples have a lot of moisture too, if he's eating that regularly it could be the cause of so much liquid in the stool.

It should start to firm up! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom