Not eating, bent tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is not eating. I have had her to the vet twice. She has a follow up appointment on Sept 9th. I orginally took her to the vet because her she had loose stool sfter feeding crickets. The urate was blood tinged. I was also worried about her tail because it was getting crooked. I was worried she was not get enough calcium ect. Stool sample was negative. They also felt she was doing this to her tail because she was sitting on it weird in her hammock. This was in the middle of July. She was not eating well then, but she was shedding. She never eats well during a shed. Well she never started to eat. We took her back to the vet last week and they checked her for constipation and did a enema. They did not think she was really constipated. They also did a ultrasound to check her for follicles. They did not see any. She is still not eating. They said she was probably hormonal. It worries me she is not eating and just wants to lay in a corner and her appointment is not until Sept 9th. This am I put her on her hammock and I had put fresh vegetables in the cage. She looked eager at them and then jumped down. She starred at them. Then after a few min just put her tonugue on them then went back to the corner. I started messing with the temp because I thought maybe that was it. Cold side is 72 warm was 102. I turned on the ceramic heat emittor at night. Now it is like 68 and 98 on hot side. I changed the long uvb light. She is about 8 months old. I bought some baby green beans and I am going to try to syringe feed her. Any ideas or suggestions.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please no more enemas!! They are so hard on dragons----- is it possible shes w/ eggs? Is she digging? Did the vet check for eggs? What kind of UVB do you have ? Brand and bulb? Where is it in the tank or on top? Is she losing weight? Did they weigh her at the vet? When you go back you need to get a copy of the office visit so you have it-- why did the temps drop w/ the ceramic heat emitter? Unless your cold side of tank is dropping to below 65 at nite you shouldnt need the heat emitter--- I take it shes not basking at all?
Karrie

wolflover629

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay in reply. I had to replace phone. Anyway it is a repti sin 10.0 long uvb bulb on top of cage. And she does not have eggs, she was ulrrsounded. She is not digging. She wants to lay on the cold side or down in corner in warm side with jead buried. I have beem giving her warm baths daily. She went back to the vet amd they x rayed this time. They saw a area real close to her vent that seemed somewhat calcified. They was not sure what it was but maybe stuck urate? They did warm water soaks and wanted to do another enema. I said no. They got her to poop by massage which she would not do for me. I had added in critical care to her green beans that I have been feeding her. They also took a xray of her tail. They say is just a crooked tail and not mbd. That all her other joints look good. I have been putting her back in jer basking spot and inmoved her hammock back to the cool side where it started out in the first place. They also fed her 9cc of critical at vet. Her weight she had lost from first to second visit, but jad gained some back to the third visit. I guess that means i getting some of that criticial care in her. Do you have any advlce in how much calcium and vitamins i should mix to this criticail care baby food mixture i am doing ? I put in 1/8 of a teaspoon of calium and a little less than that on vitamins to prob 8 cc of babyfood/critical care mixture. Also it is very humid here and I cannnot get my humidity level down. I took out water and out a fan on top of cage to pull out not in. It is at 60 percent right now! I do have aiair in house but outside you could cut the air with a knife! Thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there. sorry to hear she's not well ! I agree that you should refuse the enema, good thing Carrie jumped in with that advice. The vets are not experienced, saying that her tail is bent from the way she lays tells you that they are nearly clueless. Can you get her out in the sun ? Just set in the grass with her, it may perk her up. Does she drink water at all ? BTW, please post pics of her as well as her entire set up. Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to post

wolflover629

Original Poster
Yes I have taken her out in the sun a few times. I sit her in the grass and she just sits there like a statue. I will work om sending some pictures tonight. I was hoping after her last vet visit she would eat but no. I had her on my chest and had a waxworm and she acts so bad like she wants to eat it. She was liking then she even opened her mouth like she was going to eat it then backed away. What does this mean? I am still strughling with the humidity. It is 91 percent outside and we have air on and her cage was 75 percent this Am. I had a fan on the top of cage all night drawing air out of her cage. I put in a rice sock. I only got the humidity down to 50 yesterday. I think im going to buy one of those hanging dehumidifiers with crystal on Amazon that you can recharge. I am getting about 2 to 3 cc of food in her via sryinge. Last night meal was citical with blueberry bayfood with calcium and vitamins mixed in. I will work on sending pictures tonight

wolflover629

Original Poster
So is it a possiblity she is trying to brumate. She is now refusing to even to lick anything off her nose. After I gave her a bath she went into her house. I turned her ceramic heatwe back on at night becasue it is the only way to get the humidity down. I know if they are trying to brumate she should not eat. What about the food she already has in her ? How do I know if she is brumating or went into her house to die. This is the first time she was ever in it. I have never had a lizard brumate if that is what it is. If it is why did the veterinarian not mention it? What about the food im her stomsch already? Should i leave her alone? Help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is it a T 5? The T 8's are not strong enough to emit the rays thru the screen -- if it is the T 8 I would get it inside the tank approx 6-8 inches from basking area
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom