Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Has anyone experienced this before. Today my beardie has been curling up his back feet like in the picture. He only really does it when he is basking and he chases his crickets and moves around just fine. Does anyone have any advice?
105602-2860688921.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just to rule out the obvious since he does it while basking, is it possible the surface temps are too hot?

-Brandon

Nmedeiros12

Original Poster
So I am pretty new to this but I just ordered a temp gun and it should be here tomorrow and I’ll be able to get that accurate measurement. Basking area air temp is about 103 and cool side is around 85

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thats great! If the dials are reading 103 it's likely much too hot! But we will know tomorrow when you get them. I personally prefer the digital with probe ends over the Temp Guns, but they both work fine.

If you are interested, here is a link to a thread of some tests I did with dial thermometers:
Why not to use dial thermometers

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That would be my first guess. I've seen my dragons do that before on a hot day outside. I've also observed other wild lizards doing the same.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They could be caused by the high temperatures making him uncomfortable. But we wont know for sure until you're able to measure them more accurately.

We could go over the rest of your setup too if youd like. To make sure there isnt anything else that could be causing them such as improper lighting.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the surface temperatures are probably going to be a little hot for him.
Your temp gun will be there to you on friday?
How close is your basking light to him?
The stress marks could just be from temperature variations, or him trying to regulate his
temperatures. They can be indicators of mood, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom