Sign of MBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a 3 month old beardie.

Every time he walks slowly, the legs that he raises are vibrating.

But every time he hunts, I see no sign of being unhealthy, he's fast, very keen, and very pin point.

But there's a time where he acts very unhealthy, like twitching legs while walking, black beard.

Set up:
Enclosure:
40 gallon glass aquarium, screen top.
Repticarpet

Lights:
ZooMed Reptisun T5 HO on a ZooMed T5 reflector fixture
ZooMed Basking Spot Lamp 100W

Diet:
Silk Worms
Dusted Crickets ( Calcium w/o D3 + Reptivite)
Collard Greens

Temperature (IR GUN)
Hot: ~105 F - 110 F
Cold: ~85 F - 90 F

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How close is the t5 from the basking spot. And how close is it to the floor of the tank.
Can you perhaps post a picture?

Have you had him most of his life? If you have and his diet and housing have been like that, it's very unlikely he has MBD.

Shaking a little while slowly walking isnt abnormal. It's not very common to see but I've seen young dragons doing that when they are moving slow on purpose. I attribute it to just not having full control of precise muscle movements yet. Moro did that a few times but shes healthy as a horse.

How often is he going pro?
And what are the temps in your tank?

-Brandon

tetriminoss

Original Poster
Hello, this is the picture of the enclosure:

McQnkrW.png

ApHpVSI.png

The temperature is on the post, the height of the aquarium is around 16". The distance of the hammock is around 5-6", he usually sits on the log which is around 7-8" far from the highest heat point.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Sorry I don't know why I didn't see that originally in regards to temp. And my mobile autocorrected poo to pro lol. I meant how often does he poo! :)

Since your t5 is on top of the mesh, those distances are fine!

Your tank setup looks fine, and he really doesn't sound like he's acting too out of the ordinary besides the comment you made about the black beard and acting sick. That's the only thing of concern to me. Can you elaborate on it a bit? How often does that happen? And what's he doing that makes you say he acts sick?

-Brandon

tetriminoss

Original Poster
He poos every morning,

I am not really sure the timing when he gets his black beard, because every time I go to see him he has a black beard, but when I stay with him it goes away.

I go to him every feeding time and when I change his water bath. Also when I clean his tank.

What I mean about acting sick is there are times where he just stares at me not moving with having a black beard, maybe I am just paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom