We would need some details to help you.

How old is he?
Size?
Weight in grams?

Is he acting sickly?

-Brandon

beardeddragonlouis

Original Poster
he is around 3 months i think. i got him from a pet store so i’m not sure. which isn’t the best.
he’s around 8 inches to the tail.
i haven’t weighed him yet because i don’t have the right scale.

he just started shedding yesterday and when he walks around he looks very skinny but when he lays on his basking rock he looks normal.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What does his daily diet look like? Sometimes when they shed their appetite drops.

If you are feeding him properly though he shouldn't be skinny :)

We could go over your husbandry too if you'd like to make sure everything is good for him.

-Brandon

beardeddragonlouis

Original Poster
he doesn’t eat his juvenile bearded dragon pellets that much. he will eat crickets but only when he wants them (i do need to get more). he nibbles on his vegetables. i do have canned crickets but he doesn’t like them very much. and in his food bowl he will kinda peck at the calcium.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'll give you some pointers you should try with him.

Growing dragons such as yours should be offered live insects 2 or so times a day. And they should be allowed to eat as much as they want in those feedings. They can eat a lot of crickets! It's very common for them to eat 20+ each time!
A salad should also be offered every day.

I wouldn't rely too much on the pellets, they usually dont eat them and live fresh food is much better for them.

Of course if they are going to be eating that much, their tank temperature and lighting needs to be proper! For a dragon of your age, a basking surface temp of 105-110 should be provided. You cant use the dial stick on thermometers they are very inaccurate and they cant measure the surface temp which is important. Make sure you have a digital thermometer with probe end or an IR temp gun.

Additionally you want to make sure you are providing proper uv exposure with a good uvb bulb.

All these items work together to help keep your dragon as healthy as possible! :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom