Yellow and red in my dragon's mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I noticed recently that the roof of my Beardie's mouth is yellow and that there is a bright red spot right at the front top. I am not sure if these are signs that she is getting mouth rot or a similar illness or if it is entirely normal. She is 2 years old currently.
She often refuses to bask, wanting to hide and sleep all day long. She is also not eating whatsoever at the moment. I live in Australia and it is winter so this may purely be her response to the time of year.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or information anyone can give me regarding her mouth.

Thanks very much!

P.S I am unsure of how to upload an image, so if that is required in order for anyone to give some help, it would be great if you could let me know how i might do this. Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
An image may help, but yellow coloring in their mouths tends to be fairly common. Does the area look wounded or sore at all? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

The sleepiness can be seasonal. It's possibly brumation. Is she just acting sleepy/groggy? Is she losing any weight? I'd keep track of that since they don't tend to lose much weight throughout brumation (slowed metabolism).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The yellow looks like natural coloring to me. Nothing to worry about there. I can't see the red areas clearly enough though. Likely just some red tissue, possibly inflamed a bit from irritation? Have the areas been swelling more than usual recently or shown signs of bleeding? I'd keep an eye on it if that's the case. Otherwise it's probably just some red gum tissue like we have along the roof of our mouths.

acanthophismetalis

Original Poster
I don't believe it has been swelling. It has certainly not been bleeding that I've seen. She has shown no signs of being irritated, my worries are purely based around what I can see.

Thanks for your reply

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

Just weighing in to say that they looks like a healthy, happy beardie and I don't see any reason to be concerned about the mouth personally. Cute pic, too!

Best,
-Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom