Fatty Liver Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyGus

Hey y'all. My 3 yr old male has been diagnosed with hepatic lipadosis which is fatty liver disease. My question is how many grams or CC's should I be force feeding per day for a 370g beardie?

Here's the back story:
He went completely anorexic about two months ago. I offered his favorite veggies (never been a big fan but would eat greens, strawberry leaves, carrots, squash, etc), crickets, wax worms, tried feeding with chopsticks and he refused everything. Took him to the vet and was told he was extremely jaundiced and anemic. Force-feed wax worms guts 3 times daily, 1 ml Pedialyte twice daily, and give .1ml baytril once daily. He was given a b12 injection and a poor prognosis. Fast forward two weeks and he had perked up but still not showing interest in eating on his own. Back to the vet. Vet was pleased he had gained 30grams in 2 weeks but still concerned so he referred us to a vet in Houston. I took him to a local vet which I found was well versed in beardies. He diagnosed him as jaundiced and with fatty liver disease. Said to discontinue wax worms, no fatty foods. Push the veggies, lots of soaking and natural sunlight. We live in SE Texas so I made him a soaking/basking viv for outside with a cover to protect him from predators. Currently force feeding baby food (carrots, peas, mixed veggies) with pureed chicken for lean protein mixed with rehydrated juvenile beardie pellets. Approx 10 ml/day with .15ml metronidazole once daily. His tank is at appropriate temps and humidity. He's still not eating on his own. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom