Stuck Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy2727

Excuse me, but I believe my sister's two year old bearded dragon is having a problem shedding. On all 4 feet, on her back legs, and on parts of her tail, there are blotches of yellow on the scale. It is causing problems, as she has already lost two toes. I really need some help here. I would have taken her to the vet but money is very tight rn. Anyone have any ideas?
Also here are some of the specs of the cage.
Size:75 gallon breeder
Ubv: 10.0 2/3's of cage
Substrate: one of those desert sand mats
Basking spot: 100-110 (varies due to ac)
Has water bowl
Eats crickets few times a week, usually dusted
Eats greens and veggies/fruit almost every day

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post pictures up so we can confirm that it is just retained shed and not Yellow fungus.

To post pictures use this link to upload: User Image Uploader
Once you've uploaded, copy and paste the XIMG code into your post so we can see the picture.

-Brandon

My lil man actually just had the same thing a few days ago.. I noticed on his left elbow it was yellowish toned exactly like that and it shed the very next day.

Have you tried giving baths? Water usually helps.

Guy2727

Original Poster
ohitslexluthor":11h1nh3p said:
My lil man actually just had the same thing a few days ago.. I noticed on his left elbow it was yellowish toned exactly like that and it shed the very next day.

Have you tried giving baths? Water usually helps.
We've beend giving her a bath everyday for like two weeks. 30 mind each and like like warm water. Her back just started turning milky so maybe it'll come off with this shed. I'm just worried about her feet...

SPandS

Juvie Member
It doesn't look like retained shed, definitely not enough to cause lose of toes. Usually for that to happen the shed has to tighten around the toe long enough to pinch off the blood circulation and it doesn't look like that's the case here. How long has it been since the toes were lost? They look to be healed.

Guy2727

Original Poster
SandP":3ryu4jxj said:
It doesn't look like retained shed, definitely not enough to cause lose of toes. Usually for that to happen the shed has to tighten around the toe long enough to pinch off the blood circulation and it doesn't look like that's the case here. How long has it been since the toes were lost? They look to be healed.
That's exactly what I thought. The toes had randomly turned necrotic and had fallen off. I would have taken her to the vet but we don't have the money for it. It's been the same for a while on this foot while the other one's shed came off. I don't know why the toes fell off. I know it could be from injury, but I find it odd that both toes did it around the same time...
I need to get the shed of the other foot...any ideas? I'm already doing bathes for her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom