Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your dragon appears to be female, but she looks pretty young. What is her age?

Tracie

Beardy0419

Original Poster
Drache613":10e9wmx6 said:
Hello,

Your dragon appears to be female, but she looks pretty young. What is her age?

Tracie

She is about 8 months old, so she is still young. Including her tail she is about 12-13 inches.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Greetings,

It Still is a bit hard to tell, But maybe female? I'm not sure it looks really 50/50 to me. :? Like I can easily see the female bump but there looks like some slight hints of male hemipenes.

Although the femoral pores look pretty pronounced so maaybe male? I'm not sure, You could however try the flashlight method to be really sure.

To do the flashlight method, get your Beardie, a extremely bright and strong flashlight, And a extremely dark (preferably windowless so maybe like a closet or bathroom), put your Beardie in the same position you have it in (maybe arch the tail a bit higher as well), and put the flashlight up to the back of the tail and you can determine its gender for sure (I hope) that way. Good luck! :D
View media item 60481View media item 61100

Beardy0419

Original Poster
HippieLizards":3cxtxe6a said:
Greetings,

Still a bit hard to tell, But maybe female? I'm not sure it looks really 50/50 to me. :? Like I can easily see the female bump but there looks like some slight hints of male hemipenes.

Although the femoral pores look pretty pronounced so maaybe male? I'm not sure, You could however try the flashlight method to be really sure.

To do the flashlight method, get your Beardie, a extremely bright and strong flashlight, And a extremely dark (preferably windowless so maybe like a closet or bathroom), put your Beardie in the same position you have it in (maybe arch the tail a bit higher as well), and put the flashlight up to the back of the tail and you can determine its gender for sure (I hope) that way. Good luck! :D

Thank you so much, you're a great help!
:)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Beardy0419":2itmh7vm said:
HippieLizards":2itmh7vm said:
Greetings,

Still a bit hard to tell, But maybe female? I'm not sure it looks really 50/50 to me. :? Like I can easily see the female bump but there looks like some slight hints of male hemipenes.

Thank you so much, you're a great help!
:)
No problem! I'm happy to help! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom