Possible skin infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, I don’t know if this is anything or not but the area on the top of his face/nose above his mouth is looking a little pinkish and the scales looking dark in color. I didn’t know if it was the beginning of some sort of skin/fungal infection? Maybe I’m being paranoid but he is not usually that color there, I’ve noticed it today and yesterday. Thank you!
104453-601806427.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is perfectly normal + very common, a tiny tip of beginning shed. That can happen on any part of the body + is seen all the time by beardie owners. Nothing to worry about. :)

Karebearfreezepop0

Original Poster
claudiusx":1bl68kjz said:
Yup just shed starting :)

-Brandon

It never looks that way when he is beginning to shed, so that’s what nerves me. Usually
It turns white or gray but think has a pink/pale orange tint and the dark scales, so I was worried that it was something!
Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The head and snout have much thicker scales so usually it does look a bit different than the rest of the body when it sheds. I am 100% sure that based on the picture, it's just shed! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Karebearfreezepop0

Original Poster
Yeah it looks to have turned gray now, so I do believe you’re all correct about it being a shed. It was just odd how it was that one part on his snout and again the coloring and raised skin scared me a little bit especially since it’s a humid summer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom