Possible skin infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, I don’t know if this is anything or not but the area on the top of his face/nose above his mouth is looking a little pinkish and the scales looking dark in color. I didn’t know if it was the beginning of some sort of skin/fungal infection? Maybe I’m being paranoid but he is not usually that color there, I’ve noticed it today and yesterday. Thank you!
104453-601806427.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is perfectly normal + very common, a tiny tip of beginning shed. That can happen on any part of the body + is seen all the time by beardie owners. Nothing to worry about. :)

Karebearfreezepop0

Original Poster
claudiusx":1bl68kjz said:
Yup just shed starting :)

-Brandon

It never looks that way when he is beginning to shed, so that’s what nerves me. Usually
It turns white or gray but think has a pink/pale orange tint and the dark scales, so I was worried that it was something!
Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The head and snout have much thicker scales so usually it does look a bit different than the rest of the body when it sheds. I am 100% sure that based on the picture, it's just shed! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Karebearfreezepop0

Original Poster
Yeah it looks to have turned gray now, so I do believe you’re all correct about it being a shed. It was just odd how it was that one part on his snout and again the coloring and raised skin scared me a little bit especially since it’s a humid summer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom