Bearded dragon not eating much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gucciguy

My beardie has been eating fine in the past, a couple of mealworms, some crickets, vegetables(lettuce, squash) but today he stopped eating. I've tried everything that he used to eat, but nothing. My dad recently started feeding him more crickets, and less of everything else(he started feeding him more mealworms as well, but mainly crickets). He doesn't get bowel movements much(about every week or so). I bathe him once a week, I use a dropper everyday. I also make sure to let him roam around my room at least every other day. I use one of the long uvb lamps(idk what they're called, I'm sorry) but idk if I should be worried or anything. His temperature is normal, and his sleeping cycle is normal. He doesn't seem to be lethargic, and there's nothing noticeably different about him.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is he? It's a good sign that his behavior is normal and he seems alert. It's possible he's just going through a phase in which he's less hungry which happens. If you can upload and post some photos of him and his enclosure, it would be helpful. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
yes please post pics of the tank and lighting -- and PLEASE NO MORE Lettuce ----- it has no nutritional value --- he needs greens like collard turnip mustard -- squash is good too like butternut zucchini and yellow---- you can try fruit as well NO CITRUS tho ---- how old is the UVB in the tank ---?
Karrie

Beardies can get spoiled when feed insects to much and wont eat anything else(mine did for months) and insects are more calorie dense and harder to digests so he may just be not as hungry because he's full of bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom