Is this a good weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I have been following Hiccups weight and length for a while since like last March when I took him in to the vet he was not eating --- when he first went in he was around 440 or so grams - length around 18 inches --- now he is at 480 grams and is 19 inches long and he is 18 months at the end of July---- so in 4 months he has gained 40 grams-- should he weigh more ? he looks good --- and he is eating dubias every other day still w/ calcium D3 and vitamins alternating - not alot of vegies -- if I had feed he will eat sometimes not all the time - I have not been able to find one thing he really likes for vegies - he loves butterworms and horn worms - does not like supers - he eats phoenix worms but I think the butter worms are the most favorite - I have never given him meal worms- I would of thought by now he would be eating more vegies --- I give him a variety of salad mustard / collard mixed or collard/ turnip green mixed - yellow or zucchini squash -- sometimes sweet potato -- cilantro -- apple - rasp - grapes - dragon fruit - blueberries - blackberries - strawberries -- banana -- all trying to get him to eat - bee pollen --- he is the pickiest eater ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have even tried fresh mint---- I have tried arugula lettuce I think it is------------- any other ideas would be appreciated
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He seems a very healthy weight to me. I would say he can afford to be picky! :D

Pretty much the 400g+ range is good for an adult in my opinion.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well he's maintaining hasn't gained or lost-- I just wanted to know -- I don't want him to lose weight either-- thanks for the help
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom