Is this swelling of the limbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I am a first time bearded dragon owner. My baby’s name is Ringo, he’s about 5-6 months old (I’m assuming because he’s about 11 inches long now), and I’ve had him for about 2 months. As most first time moms, I am constantly concerned about his health.
I just gave him a bath and noticed his leg looks like it might be swollen? I don’t know how to determine the difference between natural growth and something that should be a concern. I believe he is about to start shedding his body as well. His legs and tails just finished their 2nd/3rd shed since I’ve had him! I’ve provided some pictures to show what I’m talking about. Thank you all in advance!
IMG_1823.HEIC IMG_1824.HEIC

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do try to get your pictures to post so we can help to determine if there is anything that could be
going on that is abnormal.
Shedding often yields some swelling, but shouldn't really be large swollen areas. Are both of
his legs getting ready to shed, or just the one?
Can you review his tank setup with us, along with his food intake, supplements given too?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom