How often does a juvenile beardie go to the bathroom? Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I know I've been posting a lot of forums lately but out of curiosity how often does a 9 month old beardie use the bathroom?

I had that forum previously about him avoiding his greens & today is the 1st day I mixed collard greens w/ his kale and he ate a 3rd of it.. But about 4 hours after receiving his 10 crickets. Not all at once as he did before. (So Ty for that link! It helped me bunches.)

Tomorrow will make it day 5 without me cleaning up after his messes... I'm seeking 2nd opinions on people who are experienced with this; If he hasn't gone to the bathroom on Wednesday that will make it a week and I will most likely schedule an appointment w/ my vet.
He hasn't lost any appetite w/ his feeders. He just won't eat his greens right away and all of it like he used to. I don't know if it's because he's growing and he won't poop or eat as much; I'm still all new to this.

Thanks a bunch!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No need to apologize for posting, thats what this place is here for! :mrgreen:

They can easily go a week or two without a bowel movement and be perfectly healthy. Of course, if he's not eating much, he won't be pooing much. And since you've cut back his supers, and he's not eating salad much like he used to, it's only to be expected that he would be pooing less.

I wouldn't concern yourself with a vet appointment, unless you want to go in just for a check up :D

Changes in diet can also cause irregular bowel movements. So don't worry. :)

-Brandon

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
Brandon, You're a lifesaver! :)

I am just so over-protective of my beardie.. My 1st one passed away 2 weeks after me getting it and it traumatized me. I don't want the same thing to happen to Shikamaru.

I will be patient and add an edit to this forum when he does go to the bathroom.
If another week goes by without any bowel movement I will strongly consider scheduling an app.
& Come to find out... He really loves Collard Greens! Go figure! I've been giving kale all this time :oops:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If push comes to shove you can always give him unsweetened baby prunes or unsweetened applesauce--- .5ml--- wait a day or two and it will push it out -- also nice warm baths----
Karrie

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1lketdxm said:
If push comes to shove you can always give him unsweetened baby prunes or unsweetened applesauce--- .5ml--- wait a day or two and it will push it out -- also nice warm baths----
Karrie

Thank you so much Karrie! :)
I will give both a try if nothing happens in a few days. I haven't given him a bath yet because I have to purchase a new sink stopper; But once I do I will also do that! :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Collard greens have been a favorite of every single dragon i've ever owned lol! The best part is they are a staple green too! Great to make the bulk of a salad! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom