Weird beardie pooh

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has had a couple of weird poohs. This was from a couple of weeks ago and today I cleaned up his pooh and he had another one where there was a white urate that was hard with a soft white urate. Was wondering if this is normal or if he is eating something in his diet that is causing this. I feed him mustard greens, collard greens and kale. He gets butter worms, dubia roaches and super worms. He has never had this problem before. Not sure what to think of this and has anyone else had this problem. Thank you, Rochelle
104762-8233840684.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Rochelle,

While not a perfect poo, it doesn't look too far out of the realm of normal. Urates sometimes get split into 2 like that, or sometimes there just is 2 if 1 didn't come out with the previous poo. That would explain why 1 was harder also.

Typically poo issues aren't issues unless they are recurring. So 1 off's like this aren't much cause for concern, just cause to watch the next few poos to make sure they aren't getting worse :mrgreen:

If you want, we can go over your setup to make sure it's all good. :D

-Brandon

Rdhaene0518

Original Poster
Thank you very much. I have a 36 x 18 x 18" tank. The fixture itself is a 22" t5ho uvb + single gu10 basking light fixture. I have a 75 watt basking bulb. The light fits inside the tank. I bought this setup from the lady that i bought my beardie from at a repitle show in texas. I can send you a picture of my setup. I have a hide for him the he loves but i take it out during the day or he hides all day under it. He is 7 months old and slowing down on his sheds. He hasn't wanted to eat a lot of his veggies until today i noticed he went right to his veggies then i gave him his bugs. I know they don't want to eat a lot when shedding. Being a first time beardie owner i want him to be happy and healthy.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Everything sounds great! Just keep an eye out for a week or so and see how the poo's go. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Rdhaene0518

Original Poster
I have been keeping an eye on Aranje's pooh and the urate seems to still have some chalky appearance and it has been more than a week. He is still eating a lot. I make sure I am misting him more and once a week he is getting a bath. Not sure if he needs to see a vet and make sure there isn't anything wrong. What do you think? Thanks Rochelle

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hiding all day is not good --- what are his basking temps? And how are you taking them? Infrared heat gun? stick ons? digital probe? Basking temps have a lot to do w/ how the food is digested meaning if they arent high enough you will have food not digested all the way ---- and him hiding and not basking is a sign of some thing off
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They really dont get any hydration from baths unless they drink from it. Does he seem to drink when you mist him?

If the pirates are still a bit hard and chalky it's a sign he is a little bit dehydrated. Has he been eating his salad? Misting the salad is a good way of hydrating. So is high water content salad items like red bell peppers. Almost all beardie seem to like those! :)

-Brandon

Rdhaene0518

Original Poster
He is not hiding because i take his hide out. He licks his lips when i mist him. I wet his salads everyday and eats salads everyday. Collard greens, mustard greens, some parsley and bell peppers. He loves his hammock and he climbs on his trees that i have in the terraium. His temp is 100 degrees.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So your taking the hide out so he can't hide? What is the distance from the tube to where he sits-- a T 5 should be around 10-11 inches--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the T 5 is too close - basking for a T 5 is 10-11 inches-- you have it set up for a T 8-- move your basking for it and he should quit hiding from it--- your over UVB ing him
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom