2yo not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nmc8912

Hi all, Drogon is about 2 years old. For the past month or so she has been eating only a bite or 2 of greens if anything but not much and is not interested in the Dubai roaches. She has been pretty lethargic as well and has lost some weight. She has an appointment at the vet tomorrow but just curious what it could be. She still has been pooping, last one was a couple days ago, so not sure what the problem is. She looks dehydrated but she is still passing urate and water so I would think she wouldn’t poop if she was dehydrated. I tried moving her UVB light closer to where she sits Incase it was a calcium issue but it hasn’t changed much. Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of UVB do you have ? coil or tube and what brand and bulb?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so UVB is good -- and its closer now -- 6-8 inches? And her basking temps what are they running? How do you take temps? Have you given her a bath ? Is she drinking out of her bath? Has she been checked for parasites / worms? They would cause this issue
Karrie

Nmc8912

Original Poster
Took her to the vet today and turns out she has cancer :( neuroendocrine carcinoma. Apparently common in young dragons. Have to put her to sleep.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is terrible--- I am so sorry and sad :( -------------
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom