Tail Concer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of her tail looks lighter from the rest of her body especially when I take her in the sun, it may be hard to see in the picture but the end of her tail is hard as well. It’s been like this for awhile now I’m wondering is it tail rot or is she having trouble shedding in that area? I asked the vet when I took her to get X-rays done and she told me it’s not tail rot but she didn’t really look at her tail very well or feel it so I don’t know what to believe I know on the top of her head she has trouble shedding but I’d like to know what you guys think.

104816-6260431344.jpg
104816-6725408761.jpg
104816-5124946400.jpg
104816-8447637544.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There's a small kink there which should be no big deal. Otherwise the tail looks normal to me. It darkens a bit toward the end which is quite common. I don't see signs of damage or shriveled areas which is good. I don't see a reason to be concerned based on those photos.

OscarsMom

It looks like a retained shed to me- but not to the point where it’s bad yet. Sometimes retained sheds go unnoticed until the effected area becomes necrotic.

Get some mineral oil (food grade) or even olive oil if you’re in a pinch and massage her tail especially in the direction the scales are going (towards the tip not away from it). I needed to do that with Oscar often as he was a bad shedder. It helped a lot. Good luck.

Kameeson

Can someone help me identify what wrong with my beardie. His whole tail has gone very dull in colour and the tip is particularly dark. However the dullness cuts off just before his body. He hisses if I try to touch his tail, very concerned.
For a while he wasn't eating any veg and he harley poos now. He also hasn't shed in a while, however he's still fine with being picked up and taking baths. Dose anyone know what's w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom