READ PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, If you could take the time out of your day to read this and help me the best you can I would really appreciate it.

My bearded dragon (Lizzy) is about one year old.

I was forced to leave her with my sister she took decent care of Lizzy but a month after I was able to take care of her again I noticed she was lethargic. The past four months she has been lethargic but when I feed her she’s wide awake and runs over to the food bowl but sometimes she’ll close her eyes and sit there for 30 seconds after chewing vegetables or insects and when she’s done eating she goes back to sleep.

Lizzy has been diagnosed with Moderate Metabolic Bone Disease by the vet and they gave me Calcium Gluc w/Sryup Compounded 115mg / ml and I’m suppose to give her 0.2ml every 12 hours. I have photos of her xrays right here if you would like to take a look at them.
104816-7136074775.jpg
104816-5525534390.jpg

I have Dubia Roaches that I feed her their nymph size 1/2 how many should I be feeding her a day and how many times should I feed her these a week. Vegetables what are my best options for her and how much/ how many times a day/week. I have been told different by a lot of people and the vet has told me inaccurate information about feeding so that’s very concerning to me.

My light the past few months is a Powersun Mercury Vapor 100W and she’s about 7 inches from the light. The cool side of the tank is 75-80 and the basking side is usually 95-100. I also have her two hides one on the cool side and one on the basking side. I bring her outside in the sun for 15-30mins and she enjoys it she’s not as lethargic when she’s in the sun.

Here is a picture of her. I woke her up to take this.
104816-9248550371.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am not an expert on that bulb your using for a UVB but from what people on here recommend is the Reptisun 10.0 tube T 5 or a T 8--- in your case I would recommend the T 5- it a stronger bulb and she would benefit from this bulb- it needs to be placed in the tank approx 10-11 inches from her basking area- for feeding she should be getting bugs 2 times per week dusted w / calcium D3 and vitamins as well alternating between the 2 - a good salad should be offered every day here is a website for nutrition -- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html---- I would recommend dubia roaches -- they are better for her health wise versus crickets which can cause parasites / worms-- the getting out in the sun each day will help her immensely--- it is natural UVB -- but I do recommend the Reptisun UVB ---
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Given her age I would focus on feeding her mainly veges. Her x-rays look decent to me so if she does have MBD I'd think it's minor and can be halted with good care. The link that was posted earlier is a good site to reference for salad ideas. Try to add as much variety as you can - just pick what looks fresh at the store each trip. Focus on trying to get her eating things like collard greens, turnip greens, and mustard greens which are calcium rich options. I'd give her a bug meal once or twice per week (all she wants in a sitting) but try to get her eating veges every day.

For lighting, the 100w PowerSun is a pretty good bulb. It may not be wide enough to allow her to bask evenly in her tank but I find that they make very good portable basking spots for outside the tank. Moving to a 22'' T5 is a good idea for the main tank, but the PowerSun should be adequate. Bringing her outside for natural sunlight is a great benefit for her and I encourage you to do that as much as possible, especially if she is perking up in the sunlight.

ParadiseFN

Original Poster
Thank you! @KarrieRee @CooperDragon
I have a 40 gallon tank (36″ x 18″ x 18″) is the ReptiSun 22 T5 a good option for the size of the tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes that would be good -- so if you decide to upgrade your tank in the future it would be good for that tank as well
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom