Is her limb swollen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, my girl Andy lost her front leg up to the elbow due to a bigger beardie biting her when she was a baby (I did not have her at that time). She gets around great and doesn't even notice shes missing a part of her leg. I have noticed lately that her good arm looks bigger than the others. I was wondering if it could be from the muscle mass in that arm since she uses that one to climb and pull herself up on things or if its swollen. Her back legs arent big like the front.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that photos would be helpful. It's certainly possible that her arm has just gained strength by extra use though. Sometimes their limbs swell slightly around shedding time in order to loosen skin as well. This is usually temporary and the swelling reduces after the shed is complete.

Torivincolato333

Original Poster
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to upload a pic. And the red on her chin is from red peppers that she had took these before her bath.

full

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Everything looks OK to me based on the photo. Her arm doesn't look unusually swollen. It's possible a shed is coming on but I don't see signs of it. I don't see anything in the photo that would cause me concern and she looks pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom