watery, loose poop, doesn’t have any shape

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

watery, loose poop, doesn’t have any shape

Postby kryptidz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:03 pm

My beardie is 1 year old and recently his poop has been quite large and loose and has been accompanied with a puddle, it isn’t firm and looks almost mushy? but not like completely liquidy or squished if you know what i mean. He doesn’t poop everyday it’s more like once every 2/3 days. He hasn’t lost his appetite at all and doesn’t seem to be any less active or tired than usual so I don’t know if it’s parasites, could it just be he’s getting too much water from his veggies and that’s what’s causing the excess liquid and mushiness?
kryptidz
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: watery, loose poop, doesn’t have any shape

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Could be -- what about the smell ? Is it enough to clear the room?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby kryptidz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:31 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Could be -- what about the smell ? Is it enough to clear the room?
Karrie

it smells quite strong but it always has been quite smelly i don’t think it’s gotten too much worse than usual
kryptidz
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Usually if they have a high count it effects their eating -- so it could be just the diet- post a pic of his poop
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby kryptidz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:54 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Usually if they have a high count it effects their eating -- so it could be just the diet- post a pic of his poop
Karrie

i’m an ***** and forgot to take a pic before cleaning it up but he’s due to poop again tomorrow so i’ll post a pic then
kryptidz
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:00 pm

That's ok tomorrow -- see what some others say and you can always take it in too and have it tested
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby kryptidz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:02 pm

KarrieRee wrote:That's ok tomorrow -- see what some others say and you can always take it in too and have it tested
Karrie

i actually found the photo i’m not sure how to add it in tho
kryptidz
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kryptidz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:21 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

hoping this works, it had been there for about 3-5 hours before i came home and found it so it had dried a little since he did it. it is browner irl my camera makes it look a lot darker than it actually is
kryptidz
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:55 am

How long has it looked that way? It could just be an upset stomach if it has only been like that for a few weeks. If he is acting normally otherwise it may just be from food or excess water passing through as you said. It certainly couldn't hurt to have a vet check a sample for parasites if it continues like that for an extended period of time though.
CooperDragon

Postby kryptidz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 am

CooperDragon wrote:How long has it looked that way? It could just be an upset stomach if it has only been like that for a few weeks. If he is acting normally otherwise it may just be from food or excess water passing through as you said. It certainly couldn't hurt to have a vet check a sample for parasites if it continues like that for an extended period of time though.

it’s been like that for about a month, i think i’m going to go to a vet in a few weeks if it doesn’t change i just wanted some opinions of it it looked normalish or not
kryptidz
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:15 am

Normal is kind of relative to the dragon. If it has looked like that for a month and it isn't how it used to look, and there haven't been any significant diet changes recently, I'd probably have a vet check a sample to see if something is off.
CooperDragon

Postby kryptidz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:21 am

CooperDragon wrote:Normal is kind of relative to the dragon. If it has looked like that for a month and it isn't how it used to look, and there haven't been any significant diet changes recently, I'd probably have a vet check a sample to see if something is off.

i changed him from crickets to roaches a little bit before his poop started looking like that, would his poop have returned to normal by now if that had affected it?
kryptidz
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:28 am

It's possible the change affected him, but I'd imagine he'd adjust after a month. It may be coincidence.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health