Bearded dragon keeps moving to cold side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwibo

Hello. It is currently June here, and I have been noticing my beardie keeps moving over to the cold side and sleeping in his food bowl. I keep moving him on his hammock (which is the closest thing to his light) and he keeps moving back to his bowl. Are there any reasons for this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes can you please post a pic of his tank and lighting so we can see what the issue could be
thanks Karrie

Kiwibo

Original Poster
KarrieRee":28tatuy0 said:
Yes can you please post a pic of his tank and lighting so we can see what the issue could be
thanks Karrie

Sure! Sorry it's a mess, he always moves stuff around and I haven't gotten to cleaning it.
2019-06-21.jpg

2019-06-21.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What kind is the UVB? Brand and bulb? What are your temps in the tank basking side and how are you taking them? Infrared heat gun is most accurate--- With him staying on cool side of tank something is off--- the lighting in the tank is most crucial to their over all health behavior and digestion--
Karrie

Kiwibo

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3tc5ju3t said:
What kind is the UVB? Brand and bulb? What are your temps in the tank basking side and how are you taking them? Infrared heat gun is most accurate--- With him staying on cool side of tank something is off--- the lighting in the tank is most crucial to their over all health behavior and digestion--
Karrie

its about 100 F but he has been getting better. Haven't seen him on the cold side anymore

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What kind of UVB do you have and what has changed about him not going to cold side as far as tank husbandry?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom