I'm a bit worried about my beardie with eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
So Blaze has started black bearded and stuff like the last time she was making eggs. But that first time I had no idea she had eggs, now she diffidently looks full of eggs and feels kinda hard! Is that normal?
Also she will not dig in her lay box she just crawls through it and kicks the sand out sometimes.
I hope she's not got a problem.
Also she suddenly got a lot less active, before she would run around and try to dig in her tank, but still not in the box. Now she doesn't.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is your girl, Blaze?
Has she started trying to dig at all, or nothing yet? When was the last time she laid eggs
& I am assuming that they are infertile?
Please review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, temperatures,
supplementation, etc so we can be sure it is all correct. If you have any pictures of her as well
as the tank try to post them also.
Based on your description, it sounds like there could be some problems possibly. Can you get
her to a vet for x-rays?

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She is three years old. She laid eggs the first time last year on june 22.
There infertile. I've got a reptisun 10 tube light.
She gets her worms dusted with calcium powder two times a week usually.
She also eats a lot of collard greens, and really loves carrot slices!
I'm thinking she might not have gotten enough calcium recently as the powder got used up and I forgot to get more.
Also just today she laid six eggs and now lost a lot of her fullness she had before. I wonder if she just might not be making as many as she did last time? Because after the eggs today her blackbeard went away and she stopped trying to dig.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She may not have been getting enough calcium, or just having a little bit of trouble laying
the few she had this time. A lot of times this happens though. They will have a large clutch,
followed by a couple of smaller ones, etc.
If her black beard is gone now, that is a great sign she isn't in distress any longer. Has she
shown any interest in food at all?

Tracie

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She ate all her food yesterday.
But now she hasn't pooped in two days!
Also it's ridiculously unseasonably cold in my area for a while now, maybe thats affecting her. She is being all sleepy now.
I have calcium powder now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom