Don’t know what’s wrong with my baby beardys mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisen222

Today I was giving my baby bearded dragon a warm bath and I noticed what looked like a piece of skin hanging from its mouth. So I gently rubbed it off which came off really easy by the way, and it looks like if part of its scales came off... should I be concerned? (Will insert picture)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A photo would be helpful but it sounds like maybe just a piece of shedding skin that came loose. If that's the case it shouldn't be harmful at all.

Heisen222

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2x1esiyu said:
A photo would be helpful but it sounds like maybe just a piece of shedding skin that came loose. If that's the case it shouldn't be harmful at all.
For some reason I am having trouble trying to figure out how to post the picture. Can you help me?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I see now. The skin does look a bit raw under there. Hopefully it will heal over soon. I would pick up some raw/unpasteurized honey at the grocery store and apply a bit to the area. It should help protect it from infection and help it heal.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, raw honey will heal it quickly. Just be SURE [ search everywhere ] to not have any loose crickets in the tank , they will go after the wound with or without the honey. And please, never pick and skin off. It almost always damages the fresh skin underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom