pinkish urates

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanton589

Alright 3rd time trying to type this and post it!! How bad is this?? Heres his info:

He is 6-7 months old.
In a 40 gallon breeder tank.
Basking bulb is 150 watt and keeps temps 100-109 on hot side and 90s on the cool side. temp is measured with a nat. geo infrared heat gun.
Humidity is between 40-60 but a dehumidifier is arriving Saturday along with a new digital hygrometer.
He eats 30-60 crickets a day and veggies very well! He eats collard, turnip and curly mustard greens, shredded carrots daily. Squash, peppers occasionally and very occasionally fruits.
He gets Calcium with D3 once a week and calcium without daily.
He poops daily sometimes twice a day but has been going every other lately.
He gets soaks every other day.

So does he need a vet or is this normal? I assume its from too much carrot but never know.. Could be parasite or something. Any advice is appreciated. he is also about to shed most of his legs, head and tail.

102769-78140381.jpg
102769-720826448.jpg
102769-4387537525.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It sounds good and yes its probably the carrots ---- I would get your cool side down to the 80's --- 90 is too hot --- temps for nite should be no lower than 65 --- they sleep better as their metabolism slows at nite --
Karrie

He seems to be healthy from what I can tell. I’m not 100% sure with the urate but my dragon’s urate looked similar for a few poops while eating carrots. After I stopped giving him the carrots his poop went back to normal. You said you feed him carrots daily and I would recommend against that especially if he is on vitamin A supplement (you didn’t say either way). Carrots have lots of vitamin A that can sometimes be too much if they are fed carrots too often. I also noticed the substrate looks like sand. I can’t tell for sure in the picture but if that is a loose substrate your dragon can get impacted from ingesting the sand as it is very hard to pass. You didn’t not specify what kind of UVB you use and that is also very important to have a UVB strong enough to keep bearded dragon healthy. You mentioned parasites and unless your beardie has loss of Appetite, lethargy, very smelly and runny poop, he likely does not have them. Your dragon looks healthy overall.

fanton589

Original Poster
KarrieRee":27u3fa21 said:
It sounds good and yes its probably the carrots ---- I would get your cool side down to the 80's --- 90 is too hot --- temps for nite should be no lower than 65 --- they sleep better as their metabolism slows at nite --
Karrie

Thanks! Night temps are about 70 on the cool side and 75-80 on the warmer side. He never goes to the cool side! Even when I had the cool side down to 80 during the day with the 100 watt bulb in! Now i have the 150 watt bulb in to raise the hotter side. He likes his hot side and only goes to the cooler side to eat his greens. I think once we run the AC more this summer his temps will lower a bit. :)

fanton589

Original Poster
Hjballinger":jo8pzwev said:
He seems to be healthy from what I can tell. I’m not 100% sure with the urate but my dragon’s urate looked similar for a few poops while eating carrots. After I stopped giving him the carrots his poop went back to normal. You said you feed him carrots daily and I would recommend against that especially if he is on vitamin A supplement (you didn’t say either way). Carrots have lots of vitamin A that can sometimes be too much if they are fed carrots too often. I also noticed the substrate looks like sand. I can’t tell for sure in the picture but if that is a loose substrate your dragon can get impacted from ingesting the sand as it is very hard to pass. You didn’t not specify what kind of UVB you use and that is also very important to have a UVB strong enough to keep bearded dragon healthy. You mentioned parasites and unless your beardie has loss of Appetite, lethargy, very smelly and runny poop, he likely does not have them. Your dragon looks healthy overall.

He doesn't get them daily. Maybe every other day or just whenever I feel like throwing in some color! I didnt realize I said he had them daily. :) He does not have vitamin supplements yet-only calcium with d3 and without. His flooring is actually non adhesive shelf liner-no loose substrate as I did that with my gecko years ago and regretted it! I thought I included the uvb part.. Maybe it was in one of my previous attempts at posting. I have the T5 reptisun 5.0 mounted inside the tank as the company was out of the 10.0 when I ordered. we put it inside the tank to ensure proper absorption. it covers 2/3 of the tank and is right above where he sits most of the day. I figured this colored urate was from the carrots but I'm a first time beardy mom so figured I'd double check! thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
T 5 5.0 is a good bulb but next time I would replace w/ the 10.0 -- the 5.0 bulb is equlivent to the T 8 -- and its good its inside the tank as it not as strong as the 10.0 --- mine doesnt hang on the cool side of tank either now -- getting to be summer and hes hanging on the warm side most of the time- however his UVB is not by his basking bulb either so he goes between the 2 through out the day-- yet its still warm where he is just not as hot as the basking area-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom