Shedding help- Bath Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelrose

101414-6857822812.jpg
101414-4445174290.jpg
101414-1922250502.jpg
Hey everyone,
Axel is 5 days post-spay and has been going into a full shed. She normally sheds fine and will rub it off on everything and everywhere and gets plenty of baths during it. She currently isn’t allowed to have baths until her stitches come out at the end of the month so I’m at a loss for easing the shed. It seems to be bothering her cause she’s trying to rub on the walls a little bit but she’s still dealing with the recovery process. My vet said I could use a wet q-tip to moisten the areas but it doesn’t seem to be helping. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything I could put on it to help soften it and ease the irritation for her or if I should just continue with the tip.
Thanks!

Axelrose

Original Poster
I also had to remove all her rough hides, logs, climbing areas as per the vets request (so she doesn’t mess with her stitches).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a tough one since the rough hides or pieces of carpet are usually my go to for helping them loosen the shed. Even without that help, they're usually pretty good about freeing their sheds so I wouldn't worry too much. If she really starts showing some problems with it, you could try applying some plain aloe to the shedding skin and see if that helps.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
I would continue dabbing at it with water, but you could also buy some reptile shedding aid. It comes in a bottle and you just spray it onto your beardie and it helps hydrate the scales to assist with shedding.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HerpaShed maybe ? It's a shedding aid that's sprayed on , designed for snakes but works for lizards too.

Personally, I'd let the dragon get it off of it's devices ( hind feet by scratching ).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can always bathe and use a soft toothbrush on the stubborn places to loosen the shed
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom