Dragon not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khilodahn

Hi,

My beardy has totally lost his appetite no matter what i put in whether it be locust, crickets, mario worms, kale, peppers he just wont eat. He is still up running around etc gave him a bath yesterday and he had a drink in there so i know he is drinking its just the food that's the problem. Its been 2 months now he has been off his food any ideas what i can do to get him eating again??? he is just over 3 years old. He is in a 4ft tank with a 42" acardia uvb 12% bulb and a 100 watt basking spot light. Lights are on a timer set form 7 till 7 at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Khilodahn

Original Poster
Hi karrie thanks for a response. He went the toilet 2 days ago and doesn't seem to be losing weight

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post pics of the tank and lighting please? Have you had a fecal done ? Lots of times parasites will cause them to stop eating along w/ shedding- but 2 months thats long time---- is he sustaining his weight? I would suggest taking a fecal into your vet have them test for parasites/worms - start there - get a copy of the report --- thats gonna rule that in or out for starters -- what are the temps in the tank for basking? Others can chime in on the not eating as well --- mine has just returned to eating after months of not eating - at one point I was force feeding - he never lost weight sustained it and after spending $500 on the vet we concluded there was nothing wrong w/ him -- test after test -- that was so frustrating --- he had energy was doing everything like a normal dragon just not eating -- he is now in a full body shed and is eating his roaches again horn worms etc has not really touched his salad but hey at least I am getting him to eat his roaches again -- usually its the lighting in the tank thats a issue but you've got a good UVB going --- so how about basking temp
Karrie

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hello:

I've read that they can go through these phases of not eating, and if he's 3 yo then it may be perfectly normal for him. Not all beardies need to eat everyday. Some eat eat every other day or every couple of days. If he's not losing weight, I wouldn't be too concerned, especially if he's still his active spunky self. Sometimes they just don't want food, and that's okay. As long as they don't have a huge weight loss and arent' showing other signs of sicknes (lethargy, black bearding, hiding constantly, etc.) But keep us posted!

--Vanessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom