Is My 5 Month Old Healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushy

I've owned Muushu for 5 months now.
He has recently weighed in at roughly 105g and is about 30-31 inches (including his tail)
He is fed twice per day and I feed him feeder locusts and crickets however locusts would be more of my staple as he prefers them.
He has had an issue with MBD in the past so I dust all of his food with calcium every feeding
I do regular health checks on him such as the brightness of his eyes, checking the tip of his tail for dark or unnatural discoloration, check his limbs to see if they are normal (e.g they don't tremor ), I check how strong his tail is by gently putting pressure on the top (this does not hurt), I check if he is hydrated by gently pinching the "scruff" of his neck to see if the skin goes back into place instantly.
He is bathed regularly.
He poops every so often
His basking temp is around 35-38 degrees Celsius and his cool side is around 20-23 degrees Celsius
I use the white Arcadia UVA 75 Watt bulb
His bulb is on a timer so I set it to turn off for an hour and then come on again for another hour, at night the bulb comes on for an hour and is off for two.
He is frequently let out of his tank (at least once a day) to run and climb or simply to cuddle on the sofa or bed (which he does enjoy especially when he's winding down for the night)
His tank is large with lots of roaming space and hides/climbing areas
When he is out of his tank he enjoys to run and climb (an adventurous little stinker haha)

I'm just a beardie mama hoping I'm doing everything right, I have done and do alot of research even today just to be 100%, I want him to live his life to the full and be happy. Just really looking to see if I could improve anything or touch up on anything?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is one long beardie 30-31 inches for a 5 month old dragon---------- I would love to see a pic of him---- the Arcadia white Arcadia UVA 75 Watt bulb -- I am not familiar w/ that bulb --- night bulb ? Why are the lights on and off ? lights should be on for 12 hrs and 12 hrs off or so ....... and no light on at all --- bearded dragons sleep better in darkness -- they are like you and I -- their metabolism slows at nite for better sleep
Karrie

Mushy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3hgxnzpw said:
That is one long beardie 30-31 inches for a 5 month old dragon---------- I would love to see a pic of him---- the Arcadia white Arcadia UVA 75 Watt bulb -- I am not familiar w/ that bulb --- night bulb ? Why are the lights on and off ? lights should be on for 12 hrs and 12 hrs off or so ....... and no light on at all --- bearded dragons sleep better in darkness -- they are like you and I -- their metabolism slows at nite for better sleep
Karrie

I'm not too familiar with how to post pictures on here, but thanks for the lighting advice it does make sense and I'll try it out ^_^

Mushy

Original Poster
104696-7777299774.jpg
KarrieRee":3l0euk1y said:
Karrie

104696-7777299774.jpg

It's not very clear sorry my camera is horrible (this was from last month btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom